Tuesday, December 9, 2008

September & October Adventures!

Ok, so I wanted to tell you about some of the things we have done since we came to California. We haven’t done as much as we’ve wanted to. There was this battle between, using our free time (when we didn’t have jobs) and saving our money (because we didn’t have jobs). A lot of times we decided it was wiser to save our money. We did make it to the beach a few times. One time we went with a family from our community at Fuller. They are the Reichenadter’s (Jeff, Adrienne, Clayton, and Emma). They let us ride to church with them and then we went to the beach. Jeff had a friend who was going to teach him how to surf, so Harrison got in on the lesson as well. The waves weren’t great, but they both got up. It was fun to watch and we had a great time!

We also had some visitors from GA come to see us in early October. Ashley, Kurt and Tara traveled here for a few days and we had so much fun. They went to LA without us because I had just started my new job and Harrison was in school. We did get to see all of the pictures though. Friday, I took off of work though and we traveled to Sequoia National Park. It was amazing!!! The sequoia trees are unbelievable. This is a must see place. I am posting pictures, but it doesn’t do the park justice. This was by far the greatest California experience so far. I thought Ashley was going to freak out…oh yeah, and she did! To make the day even better…we saw 4 bear in the park. They were so close to us to. I can’t believe that we were able to be that close and not bother them. They were amazing!

This brings us up to Halloween. We have some traditions in the family that we make caramel apples and carve pumpkins. This gets us in the fall mood. So, we asked our friends Patrick and Lindsey if they would like to do this with us. We went to their house and carved pumpkins and made caramel apples (and of course documented it all with pictures). It was a lot of fun and I am so thankful that we were able to share this memory with Patrick and Lindsey.
Harrison Surfing

He was up, but of course I snapped the picture too late


Poor Harrison. He didn't have a wetsuit on and the water was freezing!

Ashley, me, Harrison, Kurt, and Tara in Pasadena

A Sequoia fell...these are the roots


The largest Sequoia...General Sherman

This is one of probably 100 pictures we have of bear

Harrison and I in front of a Sequoia

Patrick, Lindsey, me and Harrison - pumpkin carving night

Cleaning out the insides. Bailey loved eating the pumpkin


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new photo at the top page. It looks like you guys have made friends fast and are loving the new place. We miss you here.

Adrienne said...

Your picture at the top is cute! You guys make me smile. I love how you've just jumped right in to life here in Pasadena. We're going to miss you...sigh.